Blogroll Me!

Lives in India/Chennai/Chennai, speaks English.
This is my blogchalk:
India, Chennai, Chennai, English.

A blog on what is happening in the .NET world in India.  

Anand's .NET WebLog


Home Archives Contact

Monday, August 04, 2003 :::
Why do you speak:::  

Erik Porter has a post on why he speaks at user groups. Some interesting thougt. I did post a comment there, then thought I could blog about it too.

1. It makes me read up stuff I usually skip due to laziness. So it forces me to keep up to date. (Another thing that does this is keeping this blog alive...:-))
2. When you discuss a topic with people, you start looking at different perspectives of the problem. A simple question could open up a whole new dimension in your mind.
3. It allow you to get recognition as a Guru in the community. This is very important if you are an independent contractor or run a company, which I am not. But still it is cool to be a Guru...:-)




::: posted by Anand at 11:28 AM

Comments: Post a Comment

 
Subscribe to Anand's .NET WebLog!


powered by Bloglet


Listed on Blogwise Listed on BlogShares Technorati Profile

Powered by Blogger