Blogroll Me!

Lives in India/Chennai/Chennai, speaks English.
This is my blogchalk:
India, Chennai, Chennai, English.

A blog on what is happening in the .NET world in India.  

Anand's .NET WebLog


Home Archives Contact

Thursday, May 29, 2003 :::
 

In reply to my posts on the Win and Web form stuff yesterday, Deepak from MS sent a mail. I am not sure how much of it is public info(so I am not posting everything that he said), but what really interested me is that the next version of Windows "Longhorn" has a new set of UI APIs called Desktop Composition Engine - (DCE is code named Avalon and a new UI code named Aero), which promises to reduce the gap between the Web and Win Forms. From what I could find Avalon, which is the(or base for the) next version of winforms will be based on XML to a large extent (well after what they have done in .NET and X#, that does not suprise me...).

Well I asked but, I suppose I need recommendation from BillG himself if I want to get my hands on a alpha copy of Longhorn. So have to wait till I they ease up a little(Beta slated early-mid 2004)..:-)




::: posted by Anand at 5:26 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

 
Subscribe to Anand's .NET WebLog!


powered by Bloglet


Listed on Blogwise Listed on BlogShares Technorati Profile

Powered by Blogger